If you’re looking for residential properties for sale in Markham, then your search will be much more successful if you follow a few ground rules. Having a checklist allows you to search, offer and purchase a residential property or a real estate property in a timely, organized fashion.
Markham is a diverse municipality in the Greater Toronto Area with a population of more than 350,000. It is home to more than 400 corporate head offices, and 1,100 life science and tech companies. The city offers a great place to live, work and play. We have wide range of residential properties and investment properties for sale in Markham.
Create your Mastermind team
Just as you can’t run a business without having a team of experts by your side, you can’t purchase a home without having markham real estate agents by your side to guide and advise you along the way. These experts should include:
- Real estate salesperson or broker: Sure, you could buy a home without a realtor; but only your realtor knows best when it comes to pricing, location, current market conditions and the history of the neighborhood you’re looking in (crime rates, etc.)
- Mortgage broker: Instead of going from one lending institution to the next, your mortgage broker can find you the best deal on a mortgage. Use a broker as a single point of contact, saving you time and effort.
- Home inspector: A qualified inspector will make sure that all fundamental elements of the home are secure and in good working order. This includes the roof, windows, furnace, plumbing, electrical and foundation.
- Insurance broker: Just like a mortgage broker and insurance broker can do all of the legs work for you to find you the best deal.
- Real estate lawyer: This legal expert will search the title on the home and navigate the legal process of putting the home in your name.
- MLS.ca: This tool is your best resource as you search for homes in the area.
Steps to buying residential properties in Markham
Before buying real estate in Markham:
- Determine your budget: This is where your mortgage broker comes in. They will gather information such as your income, credit score, and the equity in your current home to determine how much you’ll be able to afford on a new home.
- Determine the type of home you want: Look through MLS.ca, home magazines and other sources to decide what type of residential property you’re looking for, that’s within your budget. A detached or townhome? How many bedrooms? Do you want extra features such as a fireplace, pool or hot tub? Is a backyard important to you? Make a list of what you absolutely need, and what you consider ‘nice to haves’.
- Contact your realtor: Once you’ve made a shortlist of properties, your realtor can show you through several residential properties and help you make a decision on which one would be best for your needs and budget. They will help draw up an offer and negotiate to get you the best deal possible.
- Enjoy your new home: Once the inspection has been successfully completed, and the lawyer has completed his work, ‘closing day’ comes so you can move in and enjoy your new home with your family.
Finding residential properties in Markham can be a smooth, stress-free process if you have the right team of experts to help you.